Monday 8 April 2013

Bluesky Shellac Review - Blackpool

It's no secret that gel nails are huge at the moment, and after completely destroying my nails with acrylics for years, I decided to go down the gel polish route to try and get my nails happy again. I have had them done a few times at a salon, but as I'm cheap and don't like spending a lot of money, I wanted to have a go at doing them myself and have seen a fair few good reviews of the brand Bluesky, so I bought myself a little lamp, a Bluesky base and top coat and a colour, which in this case is Blackpool.

 
First off let me apologise for the different nail lengths and the bad application, I did them in a bit a rush just to try them out. And I have to say, I'm more than a little bit impressed. First of all the cost for the whole lot, including the lamp, the 3 polishes and the shine wipes came to around £40. This has paid for itself in 2 applications compared to getting them done at the salon.
 
The thing I was concerned about was how long they would last, as normal shellac would generally last around 2 weeks, and I have to say, I need not have worried at all! I actually took this photo 3 weeks ago, and haven't done my nails since as I have been busy, but they have lasted incredibly well! I do have a few chips on them now, but for three weeks that is expected! They lasted the 14 days looking awesome and didn't chip at all in that time.
 
The colour is a beautiful shiny jet black. I am so so happy I've found this brand, and I will definitely be trying out more colours! Have any of you tried Bluesky? I'd love to hear your opinions :).

3 comments:

  1. Hello Keely.

    I have already ordered some colors but I'm wondering how many applications does each bottle last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m the sucker with regard to the majority of the content pieces, We completely savored, I'd truly choose much more information concerning this particular, considering the fact that it is good., Thanks intended for publishing. bluesky nails

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very helpful for increasing my knowledge in this field. bluesky uk

    ReplyDelete